I’ve nominated six poems for the Best of the Net 2018. I read and re-read the 80 or so qualifying poems many times (poems first published here by 30 June 2018), and in the end went with my gut instinct – those which made a strong initial impact on me, and which stayed with me a long time afterwards. Of course, I love all the poems which have appeared, or I wouldn’t have published them, but I had to choose six, and these are (in no particular order):
- Another Laundry Day for Betty – Jan Harris: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/05/16/two-poems-by-jan-harris/
- Like Sweet Figs – Ion Corcos: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/05/16/three-poems-by-ion-corcos/
- Unmarked – Maxine Rose Munro: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/05/26/three-poems-by-maxine-rose-munro/
- Elegies of Snow – William Doreski: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/05/28/three-poems-by-william-doreski/
- Outside In – Deirdre Fagan: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/06/03/three-poems-by-deirdre-fagan/
- A Large Girl in a Tiny House – John Grey: https://ninemusespoetry.com/2018/06/12/three-poems-by-john-grey/
Good luck to all nominees! Any news and results will appear here at a later date.